RE: And today's ironic bit of HTML is...

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 01:18:12 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Just last week I had the webmaster in charge of this site argue with me
> that including ALT tags on this page was "dated" thinking and not
> necessary:

At this point reasoning will no longer work. Call him a Luddite[1] and tell
him to get back to scratching on a cave wall. The shock of having the
techier-than-thou turned on him might stop him in his tracks long enough to
listen to your explanation

[1] Actually since the Luddites were opposed to the negative effects of some
technology rather than technology per se, I don't normally use that term as
an insult.