Re: These are accessible? I'm not sure they are

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:00:31 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> (for example, the 13% of people who disable scripts even though the browser
> is capable of running scripts)

I'd be interested in a source for this.  I'm one of them, but I reckon
that I'm the only one in my company, making the figure about 1.6%, and
I would have thought that in the mass market the figure was lower.

It would be rather telling if true, given the number of even blue chip
sites (latest I found was KPMG) that blank screen without scripting,
and the even greater number that are un-navigable without it.

Most businesses assume that 99% of the people dumb enough to do business
with them have scripting on.  Maybe the people with scripting off either
ignore advertising or can't afford to buy.