Re: clarify "redirects" in checkpoint 7.5

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:22:02AM +1300, Rebecca Cox wrote:

> (7.5)
> "until user agents provide the ability to stop auto-redirect, do not
> use markup to redirect pages automatically. Instead, configure the
> server to perform redirects."

  As far as I can tell - but note that this is not an authoritative
  answer - is that the above describes using standard HTTP 3** status
  codes to, in effect, instruct the browser that a resource has moved
  either permanently or temporarily to another location.

--
 - Tina Holmboe