clarify "redirects" in checkpoint 7.5

From: Rebecca Cox <rebecca@cwa.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:22:02 +1300
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I need some clarification of this ckeckpoint from WCAG:

(7.5)
"until user agents provide the ability to stop auto-redirect, do not
use markup to redirect pages automatically. Instead, configure the
server to perform redirects."

What I need to know is, what exactly does "configure the server to
perform redirects" mean? There is very little detail in the WAI
documents about this checkpoint.

I'm working on something where the redirects happen server side,
using standard server side coding, rather than configuring the server
to perform redirects - I'm not totally sure whether this method is
within the checkpoint or not.

Cheers

Rebecca Cox