RE: Browser Issues

From: Phillip Pi <philpi@apu.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:37:41 -0800 (PST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>   I have uploaded and am running the latest version of PINE in e-mail, and I
>   think I have the latest version of LYNX for web browsing.
>
>   now is this considered "upgrade" in your book or does it have to have all
>   the fancy bells and whistles to be considered "updated"
>
> Well, I too am running what I believe is the latest version  of PINE for my
> email, and I use a fairly recent version of Lynx. There are a few things that
> Lynx does not do well, but it is obviously an upgrade - it handles most
> things better than older versions, and it handles most things.

I also use Pine as well since it is fast and easy to use. I do not have
any visual disabilities. However, I prefer to use Links
(http://links.sourceforge.net/) for the text Web browser when I don't use
a GUI Web browser. Have you guys used this browser before? I think it is
a much better browser IMHO.