pixels are relative unit??

From: Rebecca Cox <rebecca@cwa.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:54:54 +1300
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I had always thought of pixels as being an absolute unit for sizes -
but it looks like they're not. In the CSS2 spec, under the heading
4.3.2 Lengths (http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#length-units)
it lists three "relative units" - em, ex, and pixels.

Do people think therefore that using pixels would satisfy WCAG 3.4
"use relative units...." ?  I realise its best not to use pixels to
define font sizes, as Windows users then cannot enlarge the text. But
it would be good to be able to use them for other stuff (borders etc)
and still meet the accessibility checkpoint.

Cheers

Rebecca Cox