Re: Fw: FAQ - where are the FAQs for this list? (agree)

From: Ineke van der Maat <inekemaa@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:25:33 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hello,

I want to thank everybody who tried to explain me what is a "pet peeve". The alt tag is not my "pet peeve".  I think it must be your "pet peeve", because I am sure there is no alt tag at all, after reading Appendix C of the" HTML4 bible", that lists all the altattributes:

Alt is not only an attribute of the img tag, but also of the applet, area and input tag (alt has valid value "CDATA" in this inputtag and not text) . . So using the word "alt tag" is saying nothing, but only confusing people what tag you are really meaning..

When you want to have a correct  usable FAQ, this all should be mentioned...

Greetings
Ineke