Re: Fw: FAQ - where are the FAQs for this list? (agree)

From: Steve Carter <steve@juggler.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:32:32 -0000
To: <sethmr@bellatlantic.net>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
From: "Seth Rothberg" <sethmr@bellatlantic.net>
> On Friday 22 February 2002 04:49 pm, Ineke van der Maat wrote:
> > What I tried to express is that when this is a faq for people interested
> > in accessible websites, it must give the most common, simple terms that
> > people use for their sites and can find in their books

http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#gl-facilitate-comprehension
14.1 Use the clearest and simplest language appropriate for a site's
content. [Priority 1]

:-)

> Ineke, I think you are exactly  right here. What isn't right, I believe,
is
> the kind of rude pedantry that corrects terminology before or without
> answering a perfectly understandable, if miss-stated, question.

I second this, as a newbie to the list I encountered this feeling once or
twice.  Had I
been less bull-headedly stubborn [ :-) ] I would have just gone away again
and never
learned about accessibility.  As academics debating issues, 'robust
criticism' is appropriate,
but as an information source in a public forum, or as accessibility
evangelists, we have a
duty to be more accommodating.