Re: FAQ - two columns using CSS

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:46:54 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> .main { float:right ; width:75%}
> .nav { background-color: gold }

I'd have the following concerns about this:

- I believe implementation of floats in browsers is weak, although
  maybe the broken ones don't recognize it in CSS at all;

- this is very presentationalist - it is using a float for the part
  that is not logically a float - the navigation pane is closer to a
  true float;

- as already pointed out, .nav is full width and simply overload by
  the float.  If the main text is small, the navigation bar will escape
  under its bottom.