RE: Thorns pruned - thanks! [long]

From: David M. Clark <david@davidsaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:31:33 -0500
To: "'Steve Carter'" <steve@juggler.net>, "'wai-ig list'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Stseve,

>.I'm walking a fine line - or traversing a locus in highly dimensional
>space - here, between
your not succeding.

>(1) Real accessibility - 'inclusive design' as I have branded it
as in parsing the guidelines for only the letter and not the spirit of
the guideline?

>(2) Covering My Client's Ass in the event of being accused of
neglecting it
as a technologist or as a lawyer?

>(3) Meeting My Client's Self-Imposed Measuring-Stick (i.e. my client
has
stated its pages will be WAI-AA compliant) while I can recommend a
slackening of that stricture, it is still the policy at this time and so
have to educate the authors accordingly.
You educate or have TO BE EDUCATED?

>(4) Not winding up the web authors to the point where they decide they
don't
>want to bother at all.  I won't be asked back, WAI-AA won't be met, and
>Accessibility will suffer a PR blow as people decide it's just too
much.
Selling snow to eskimos is not a reflection on the quality of the snow

dc

David M. Clark
Marathon Ventures
http://www.marathonventures.com