Mixing Tables and Forms

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:00:24 -0500
To: "WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I have been tearing my hair out over this for two weeks now, and can't seem
to find a solution.

Our client has a form that needs to be filled out and submitted over the
web.  This would be easy enough, except that the form is basically a complex
table with editable fields inside of it.  To top it off, there are two
levels of table headers.

Now I can code the table part with no problem, using scope and header
attributes, but I'm lost on the <input> fields that have to be included,
since I can't associate them with the <label> tag.

The client requires Priority 1 compliance, but the reality is that they
don't really know what that means.  It's just fluff to them.

Has anyone run into something like this?  Any suggestions?  I can post an
example if need be.

Thanks.

Randal Rust
Senior Consultant