Re: Navigation bars with dynamic content

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:36:37 -0000
"SHARPE, Ian":
> Thanks Jim for putting me straight regarding my UA problem. I
> don't suppose anyone has a complete CSS2 stylesheet I could
> use please or can point me in  the direction of one?

I'm afraid I don't know of any, I confirmed it worked okay for me, by
disabling author suggestions, and using a very simple user stylesheet,
which just re-enforced the background for various block elements commonly
used with menus:

body,div,ul,table,menu { background-color:black; }

all other colours then come from your existing settings.  This certainly
overcame the problem of the overlapping text - you may need to do more
than just those.

> Regarding these menus though, are we saying that they are accessible
then
> provided they are used correctly and you use a non-text based browser?
I'll
> have to wait until I get my stylesheet sorted out before I pass
judgement
> myself.

I've not managed to create a scenario where the menus at
http://www.rcslt.org/ fails - even your problem would be reasonable, the
mouseover would just give you some horrible mess which you could ignore
if you followed the link - the link works in addition to the mouseover.
That said the vast majority of menus require javascript and hide the
links without javascript, so I don't think they're accessible - I see
nothing wrong with the idea though.

Jim.