Re: Long desc techniques - what is the url pointing to?

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:33:18 -0800
To: W3C WAI IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Re: http://kynn.com/pics/dlinks/family.html

Kynn Bartlett wrote:

Perhaps I should add the image itself to the page.  Any thoughts?

Absolutely. Not everyone who comes to this page will be unable to see
it, and for those who can see the image, it will permit comparison (and
make more sense).

You're right in that the description is excessive. If developers think
that this much data is required, they'll never do it.

I create a template for longdesc pages so that I can just pop everything
in. I don't use the title "Longdesc/Dlink" because the average user has
no idea what that means. I just say "Image Description for ..."

Charles F. Munat
Seattle, Washington