RE: Microsoft .NET and Accessibility

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:38:39 -0800
To: "Ken Reader" <kreader@attaininc.org>, "Access Systems" <accessys@smart.net>, <Demonpenta2@aol.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 8:41 AM -0500 1/28/02, Ken Reader wrote:
>I also agree with Kynn.  I have met some of the people on the MS
>accessibility team and they seem to be genuine in their efforts.
>Especially given the fact the community of people with disabilities is a
>growing market of consumers.

The main thing I am interested in is allies.  We can make allies by
treating people as if they're on our side, even if they're Microsoft;
we lose allies when we assume someone is the enemy.

I believe the confrontational approach to web accessibility ultimately
does more harm than good.

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours