*From: Kynn Bartlett [mailto:kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com]
*Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2002 8:48 PM
*To: Access Systems; Demonpenta2@aol.com
*Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
*Subject: Re: Microsoft .NET and Accessibility
*
*At 7:25 PM -0500 1/27/02, Access Systems wrote:
*>On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 Demonpenta2@aol.com wrote:
*>LINUX!!!
*>  >        Does anyone else find it ironic MS went banging
*about how it's
*>  > changing its focus to security and stability instead of new
*>features lately?
*>can you say OXYMORON!
*
*I'm sorry, are we talking about accessibility or are we bashing
*Microsoft?
*
*Microsoft has an accessibility team.  These are generally allies in
*the fight against inaccessibility.  Has anyone tried contacting them
*to ask about .NET?  If Microsoft's little form widgets were made
*accessible to screenreaders and the like, this would generally be a
*win for accessibility, I believe.
*
*Ergo, we might do better approaching the Microsoft accessibility
*and/or .NET teams for a reasonable discussion, rather than shouting
*LINUX loudly or listing the litany of Microsoft sins.  (I know, I
*know, it's radical and of course it won't work, since Microsoft
*hates us all or something, but let's at least try before we get out
*the lynchin' rope.)
*
*--Kynn
*
*--
*Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                 http://kynn.com
*Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain            http://idyllmtn.com
*Web Accessibility Expert-for-hire          http://kynn.com/resume
*January Web Accessibility eCourse           http://kynn.com/+d201
*Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours
*
*