RE: Yahoogroups and blind users - sorry for being a bit off topi c

From: Helle BjarnÝ <hbj@visinfo.dk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:18:31 +0100
To: "W3c-Wai-Ig (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Can any body on this list tell me about this new feature  from Yahoo:
"Yahoogroups has implemented a security feature to stop automated
programs from spuriously registering yahoo accounts." cited from an e-mail
send to me by a college who got the information from another list. We would
like to have information about what the reaction has been in the US both
from users and from Yahoo if any? Sorry for being a bit Off Topic please
mail answers to me directly, in order not to insult this list. I have looked
in the IG archive but not found any notice of this new Yahoo feature.

Kind regards
Helle Bjarno
Visual Impairment Knowledge Centre
e-mail: hbj@visinfo.dk
www.visinfo.dk
phone: +45 39 46 01 04, fax: +45 30 61 94 14
mail: Rymarksvej 1, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark.