Re: Navigation bars with dynamic content

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:01:47 -0000
To: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
 "Sylvie Duchateau"

> I am sorry if this question has been already asked on the list, but if
> someone can point me to the archives dealing with it, it would be nice.
>
> We encounter more and more web sites that use dynamic navigation bars
with
> submenus appearing when you move the mouse on them.
>
> People who are responsible for these web sites argue that these dynamic
> menus are useful because they appear when you need them. But in many
cases,
> those menus are not accessible with a keyboard.
>
> Does anyone know examples of such menus that are accessible?

That are accessible - I'm not sure, that are keyboard accessible -
http://jibbering.com/ , http://jibbering.com/accessibility/menu.html and
http://jibbering.com/accessibility/menue.html are 3 versions of the same
menu script which seem to be accessible in a number of browsers, Early
Mozilla's not due to a bug in those w.r.t. to tabbing to positioned
links.

Jim.