Re: WA - background-image in CSS

RUST Randal wrote:

> the idea that once i post the page it is no longer mine to control is silly.
> it's on my server, i can do whatever i want with it.

Um, no, Rust.

It's your car. Once you put it on a public road, can you do anything you
want with it?

It's your building. Once you open your restaurant for business (or rent
your rooms to tenants), can you do anything you want with it? In fact,
even if it sits vacant, can you do *anything* you want with it? (Better
check zoning laws, fire codes, building codes, etc.)

You post your page, you are now in the public sphere. And the public has
a right to regulate what you can and cannot do in the public sphere.
That includes telling you what you can do with your web page, and how
you can do it.

Charles F. Munat
Seattle, Washington