Re: WA - background-image in CSS

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:48:32 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
"Access Systems"
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, RUST Randal wrote:
>
> > by that definition, then my web page should LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME in
every
> > browser.  which is an impossibility.
>
> no BUT all of the same information should be avaliable on all browsers.

There's has to be no information available in a purely decorative
background image other than the url to the image itself, this is already
provided by the page developer, and is fully available to all users if
they want it given appopriate UA's.  The page developer has done all that
is reasonable it seems to me.

Jim.