RE: Relative v absolute units (was Bobby inaccuracy?)

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:31:47 -0500 (EST)
To: "Scarlett Julian (ED)" <Julian.Scarlett@sheffield.gov.uk>
cc: "'SHARPE, Ian'" <Ian.SHARPE@cambridge.sema.slb.com>, "WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Yes, I agree with each ot the ideas here.

Chaals

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Scarlett Julian (ED) wrote:

  I agree about font sizes, relative all the time. But, the <div> in question
  contains just one image. AFAIK it seems ok to explicitly state absolute
  sizes for images so why not the <div> that contains them?

  Would a better way of making an image float right be to assign it a class
  and then define this in an external css  as .imageclass { float:right }
  thereby avoiding any sizes on the style?

  Julian