Re: img alt text, links and titles

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:18:48 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> for a non-beta release) does not currently support alt tags for broken
> images, blocked images, etc.

Broken images I would consider a problem.  Blocked images are really
about suppressing banner advertising, even if they don't dare to
say that explicitly.  You don't want alt text for the banner ads.

Actually, I'm fairly sure that the versions I've used *do* include
it for broken images; they even reformat the page to take out the
tentative image box and lay it out as though the alt text had been
normal text, with no image.