Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

it's ok kynn, you are allowed to make excuses but if it can be done and
it doesn't hurt but to help, it should be done.

----- Original Message -----
From: <kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com>
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>
Cc: <kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com>; "RUST Randal" <RRust@COVANSYS.com>;
"'Martin Sloan'" <martin.sloan@orange.net>; "'Kynn Bartlett'"
<kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>; "'Harry Woodrow'" <harrry@email.com>;
"'Denise Wood'" <Denise_Wood@operamail.com>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>;
<charles@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

David wrote:
> not as easy as you might think.  ns is where they are for lots of
> expensive reasons, ns is where they are going to stay and they cannot
> upgrade for some of the same reasons they are locked into ns.  Please
> accept the fact that there is no magic solution for all or even many
of
> the users out here.

I don't have a legal or moral obligation, as a web developer, to provide
accomodation for those _non-disability_ factors.  Just like I don't have
a responsibility to account for the fact that a blind guy might _not_
have a screenreader.  I don't have to provide streaming audio for every
web page on my site.

--Kynn