Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

From: <kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:28:41 -0800 (PST)
To: poehlman1@home.com (David Poehlman)
Cc: kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com, RRust@COVANSYS.com (RUST Randal), martin.sloan@orange.net ('Martin Sloan'), kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com ('Kynn Bartlett'), harrry@email.com ('Harry Woodrow'), Denise_Wood@operamail.com ('Denise Wood'), w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, charles@w3.org
David wrote:
> not as easy as you might think.  ns is where they are for lots of
> expensive reasons, ns is where they are going to stay and they cannot
> upgrade for some of the same reasons they are locked into ns.  Please
> accept the fact that there is no magic solution for all or even many of
> the users out here.

I don't have a legal or moral obligation, as a web developer, to provide
accomodation for those _non-disability_ factors.  Just like I don't have
a responsibility to account for the fact that a blind guy might _not_
have a screenreader.  I don't have to provide streaming audio for every
web page on my site.

--Kynn