Re: (WA) Legal requirements RE: statistics

From: <kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:07:00 -0800 (PST)
To: accessys@smart.net (Access Systems)
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> hmmmm,  I have netscape 4.76 that came with my latest version of Linux. I
> don't use it, but to try something out.   give me the URL of a site or two
> where this is a problem
> I want to visit using a couple different browsers to see how they are
> rendered differently.
> will probably visit using my default LYNX  and then in let's see what do I
> have handy
> Netscape
> Mozilla
> Konquerer
> not sure what else is loaded.....

I use this in my book as an extreme example of valid CSS which is broken
on a number of browsers:

http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/complexspiral/demo.html

Netscape 6.2.1 or Mozilla (0.9.7 is what I used) should be fine with
this.  Nearly any other browser should render it in a usable format.
Netscape 4 pretty much screws it all up, unusably, in my opinion.

Lynx handles it just fine -- it ignores the CSS properly.  Even the
WebTV emulator does it better than Netscape 4.

--Kynn