Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:00:46 -0500 (EST)
To: <kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com>
cc: David Poehlman <poehlman1@home.com>, Martin Sloan <martin.sloan@orange.net>, "'Kynn Bartlett'" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>, "'Harry Woodrow'" <harrry@email.com>, "'Denise Wood'" <Denise_Wood@operamail.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Aah, can you sue, yes. Do you have a chance of success? Well, I am going to
duck on that one. It requires too many case details.

Chaals

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com wrote:

  Charles wrote:
  > The matter of choice is of course important. If I choose to use  something
  > broken, I can't expect people to make it work for me. But if my employer
  > tells me to use it, I can expect them to be responsible for making sure it
  > works, or replacing it...

  A question would be whether or not an employer can be held in violation
  of workplace accomodation laws by not providing a UAAG-compliant web
  browser employees to use. Or at least one which comes closer than others.

  In other words, can you sue your boss for giving you Netscape 4?  Or
  -should- you be able to?

  --Kynn