Re: Legal requirements RE: statistics

From: <kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:01:44 -0800 (PST)
To: charles@w3.org (Charles McCathieNevile)
Cc: poehlman1@home.com (David Poehlman), kynn-eda@idyllmtn.com, martin.sloan@orange.net (Martin Sloan), kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com ('Kynn Bartlett'), harrry@email.com ('Harry Woodrow'), Denise_Wood@operamail.com ('Denise Wood'), w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Charles wrote:
> The matter of choice is of course important. If I choose to use  something
> broken, I can't expect people to make it work for me. But if my employer
> tells me to use it, I can expect them to be responsible for making sure it
> works, or replacing it...

A question would be whether or not an employer can be held in violation
of workplace accomodation laws by not providing a UAAG-compliant web
browser employees to use. Or at least one which comes closer than others.

In other words, can you sue your boss for giving you Netscape 4?  Or
-should- you be able to?

--Kynn