From: David Woolley [mailto:david@djwhome.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 15 January 2002 22:36
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Relative v absolute units (was Bobby inaccuracy?)

> This line is the one that interests me (from Julian Scarlett's post on
Tue,
> 15 Jan 2002 10:08:52:
>
> Line 39: <div style="height: 280; width: 400; border: none; float: right">
>
> I'm still confused by this one - in this case absolute units are used to
> size the layer, and it passes Bobby AAA. Checkpoint 3.4 (priority 2) says

No they are not.  The style sheet is invalid because the units haven't
been specified.

> use relative units (ems or %), not absolute units. It then says "If
absolute
> units are used, validate that the rendered content is usable".
>
> Can anyone elucidate what "rendered content is usable" means?

I imagine it means something like:

- take a 14 inch monitor;
- configure it for, at least, 1024 x 768;
- set the font size to maximum;
- as a user with poor eyesight whether the screen display is easy to read
  and confirm that none of the text overruns its allocated space.

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.