Re: forms problem

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:35:15 -0500 (EST)
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
iCab allows the user to block scripts from opening windows, either in
general, or scripts from specific sites.

It is simple to do, but took me a long time to find it.

Cheers

Chaals

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Jim Ley wrote:

  <David.Cobb@rnib.org.uk>
  > Just to re-iterate what was originally mentioned regarding pop-ups...
  >
  > Checkpoint 10.1 states '... do not cause pop-ups or other windows to
  appear
  > ...'
  > Surely this implies that we shouldn't be using pop-up windows at all!?
  >
  > I understand that this is one guideline that is 'until user agents
  allow',
  > if future browsers enable users to disable spawned windows, then having
  any
  > content in a pop-up window is not a feasible solution?

  Opera, Mozilla, Konquerer, IE* all currently allow the user to do that -
  so is it feasible now?

  Jim.

  * IE takes slightly more effort than the other 3