Re: Netscape

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:27:07 -0800
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>, "RUST Randal" <RRust@COVANSYS.com>, "WAI \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 4:29 PM -0500 1/14/02, David Poehlman wrote:
>In some cases, that means changing carreers, firing my boss, providing
>me with a new computer ... The point is though that we need to consider
>this question in the reality of the current situation which is that
>there will be people using netscape faced with this issue.

Someone who cares about those people (more than I seem to care) should
program up a proxy which takes valid, compliant code and transforms it
into something which Netscape, in its brokenness, can handle.

Other than that, someone should tell your boss what's wrong with
Netscape 4 and why he needs to provide his employees with decent
hardware and software, or at least allow them to install something
like Opera.  Which isn't perfect -- but sure looks it compared to
Netscape 4.

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours