RE: Free, Multi-Platform Accessibility Analysis Tools

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:43:27 -0800
To: <david@davidsaccess.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 8:45 PM -0500 1/13/02, David M. Clark wrote:
>I say this only partly in jest. Especially in the context of a course,
>why push tools AT ALL?

Good question, and one which deserves an answer. Since everyone is
already pushing tools, and because people seem to enjoy using them,
I think it's important to cover them in the course. Plus using a tool
that can be set for "only single-A" or whatever allows for an easier
introduction to the concepts of testing and repairing web sites than
simply throwing them into the middle of all of WCAG 1.0.

--Kynn

Forthcoming: Teach Yourself CSS in 24 Hours