Re: more CSS and tables

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 01:30:39 -0500 (EST)
To: Chris Croome <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
A couple of other sites that use CSS insterad of tables:

http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw
http://www.sidar.org

I don't think either of these is completely perfect, but pretty good.

cheers

Charles McCN

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Chris Croome wrote:

  Hi

  On Sun 06-Jan-2002 at 01:36:15PM -0000, David Woolley wrote:
  > From: "Denise Wood" <Denise_Wood@operamail.com>
  >
  > > Can you direct us to a site as an exemplar of this?
  > >
  > I believe some examples have been quoted on the list.
  > However, I'm not sure why you need one; it's trivially
  > obvious and part of the design rationale for CSS.

  It's also hard due to buggy browsers :-(

  Some examples I have found that I think are quite good are:

    A how-to --
      http://www.webreference.com/html/tutorial19/

    An example of divs and css to layout a page --
      http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/3-2-0.html

  Chris