Re: more CSS and tables

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:04:16 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Vadim Plessky wrote:

> Now I realize that during 1.5 months that I am subscribed to this list, none
> was asking "how using pixels instead of points affects site accessibility"

I think most accept that both are bad.  One should use relative sizes.
My impression, though, is that you are really a prsentatationalist with
a thing against software from commercial organisations (excepting
consortia of commercial organisations), otherwise you would he using
PDF, which *is* intended for reproducible rendering.

Pages shouldn't break when the size is maximised and locked by the
user, although most non-trivial designs will break.

(Designers have a particular problem, in that they tend to have
good eyesight and tend to select excessively small fonts.)

> In my opinion, there are 3 important "constructions" in Visual BoxRendering
> Model:
>  * inline
>  * block
>  * inline-block

This is a pure presentationalist position.