Re: Fwd: RE: (Access-UK) - totally astounding

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:37:54 +0100 (BST)
To: Aaron Smith <aaron@gwmicro.com>, <dan@gwmicro.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Aaron Smith wrote:

> >From: "Dan Weirich" <dan@gwmicro.com>
> >
> >We at GW Micro are also surprised at the RNIB's comments.  We worked
> >very hard with Macromedia to get Flash working.

Are you the developers of window-eyes?

>	  I can't speak for
> >Macromedia, but stop and think logically.  Does anyone believe
> >Macromedia only contacted GW Micro?  Of course they didn't.  But we
> >accepted the challenge and thought it a worthwhile project.

I have no idea who else Macromedia may or may not have contacted (except
that they didn't contact me).  Where would I find the specs if I want
to implement a client for (accessible) Flash?  And if those specs are
controlled by a single company, what guarantee do I have as a developer
that they won't do an M$ and change the specs to invalidate my work?

BTW, there's a thread about this on uk.net.web.authoring, that presents
the subject in a rather different light.

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.