HTML 4.x or XHTML for accessibility

From: Simon White <simon.white@jkd.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:00:20 +0100
To: "WAI List (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hello all,
I have a rather interesting question to pose, and it is one that I cannot seem to find a definitive answer for. Can anyone on the list provide me with some help with the following question?

Which is best for accessibility: HTML 4.x or XHTML standards?

IF anyone knows if there is an answer to this then is it also possible to scour everyone's brains for reasons why one is preferred above another.

Thank you in anticipation

Simon

---
Simon White
Business Solutions
JKD
Westminster Business Square
1-45 Durham Street
London
SE11 5JH
Tel:  020 7793 9399
Fax: 020 7793 9299
---

James Kelsey Design Ltd (JKD) or The Incepta Group plc and its subsidiary companies may not be held responsible for the content of this email as it may reflect the personal view of the sender and not that of the company. JKD run anti virus software on all servers and all workstations, they can not be held responsible for any infected files that you may receive. JKD advises all recipients to virus scan any file attachments.