CSS percentage sizing

From: SHARPE, Ian <Ian.SHARPE@cambridge.sema.slb.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:32:15 +0100
To: "WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All,

At
http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/a.aspx?u=http://aspfree.com/authors/st
ephen_rylander/Persist.aspx
under my large font settings I have to scroll to the right to see text which
makes reading the thing very slow and awkward. The main body of text is
contained in a TD tag so I specified 50% in my stylesheet but it had no
effect. I changed it to just 500 (for a laugh really) and to my surprise it
worked and the text displays in a more narrow column which I don't need to
scroll. So my question is why didn't the 50% work? What is it 50% of? Is
that the point? I just don't like using fixed values.

Cheers
Ian

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.