Re: CSS positioning aint good enough?

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:05:07 +0100 (BST)
To: "SHARPE, Ian" <Ian.SHARPE@cambridge.sema.slb.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> I've been looking at using CSS rather than tables for page layout. I can't
> see any particularly straight forward way that it can be used to position
> labels and fields

Erm, sounds like data that are genuinely tabular, so you'd be using
tables perfectly correctly to lay it out.

At least, until browsers infer the tabular layout from the form
label/field markup, without any requirement for CSS.

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.