RE: linking to transcripts of audio files

From: George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:23:43 -0700
To: "'Jo Miller'" <jm@bendingline.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Dear All,

You may want to check out the use of SMIL and the navigation features
developed by the Digital Accessible Information SYstem (DAISY)
Consortium.

find more at: http://www.daisy.org

The navigation model for linking into audio content is very powerful.
This work is being continued in concert with NISO and you can learn more
at: http://www.loc.gov/nls/z3986

This same navigation model has been introduced to the Open eBook Forum
and is expected to be  incorporated in the version 2 of their
specifications for eBooks.

Hope this helps.

Best
George