Re: Minimal Browser Capabilities

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 02:08:39PM +0000, Vadim Plessky wrote:

> Yes, I agree here that Mozilla is really slow. It takes Mozilla around 20sec.
> to start (on my laptop, while I have 128MB of RAM and Pentium III/500MHz!)
> and around 5-7 sec. just to open another windows! This is absolutely

  On a laptop with a Pentium III (550Mhz) and 128 MB RAM, Mozilla 0.9.6
  starts in approx. 6-7 seconds at normal load. Opening a new window takes
  approximately 2 seconds.

  I really suggest you look into the memory management and load on your
  machine; alternatively the speed of your disk. I won't even suggest
  replacing the OS.

--
 - Tina Holmboe