Re: Minimal Browser Capabilities

to settle this, we take a passage from uaag its self.  It is not because
of the evildry of lynx that it is not a target:
begin quote:

   This document was designed specifically to improve the accessibility
   of user agents with multimedia capabilities running in the following
   type of environment (typically that of a desktop computer):
     * The operating environment includes a keyboard;
     * Assistive technologies may be used in the operating environment
       and may communicate with the conforming user agent;

   This document is not designed so that user agents on other types of
   platforms (e.g., handheld devices, kiosks, etc.) will readily
conform.
   This document does not forbid conformance by any user agent, but some
   requirements (e.g., implementation of certain APIs) are not likely to
   be satisfied on environments other than the target environment.
Future
   work by the UAWG may address the accessibility of user agents running
   on handheld devices, etc.

   The target user agent is one designed for the general public to
handle
   general-purpose content in ordinary operating conditions. It is
   expected that a conforming user agent will typically consist of a Web
   browser, one or more media players, and possibly other components.
end quote.

As we developped the document, lynx was one of our guide posts becaue it
has many features to point to that satisfy uaag requirements if not
checkpoints.  I'm not deffending lynx here but would be proud if I was
because lynx was where I began my work on the web and my interaction
with it and to which I still return often.  I wanted to provide the fact
from which my rather veague statement flowed.