Re: svg degrades to gif/jpg

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:33:25 +0000
To: Access Systems <accessys@smart.net>, Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I'd like to 2nd this:
>|  BUT, what about the millions of non windoz or mac users, or those who
>|  don't have ability/resources/computer power/desire to upgrade

It is quite obvious that there will always be more obsolete equpment around,
and we need to ensure it remains in service.

I have an hp320lx running winCE1.0 and although it does not display jpgs it
does render the earth.gif in both the embed and object SVG code tests.

the upgrade to CE2.0 was free at the time,but now costs 60 or $130 for what
is definitely an obsolete pda from '97. it just happens to have a pcmcia

jonathan chetwynd

http://www.peepo.com "have fun surfing the net"