Re: svg degrades to gif/jpg

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:33:25 +0000
To: Access Systems <accessys@smart.net>, Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I'd like to 2nd this:
>|  BUT, what about the millions of non windoz or mac users, or those who
>|  don't have ability/resources/computer power/desire to upgrade

It is quite obvious that there will always be more obsolete equpment around,
and we need to ensure it remains in service.

I have an hp320lx running winCE1.0 and although it does not display jpgs it
does render the earth.gif in both the embed and object SVG code tests.
http://www.learningdifficulty.org/develop/examples/test-svg.html.

the upgrade to CE2.0 was free at the time,but now costs 60 or $130 for what
is definitely an obsolete pda from '97. it just happens to have a pcmcia
card...

--
jonathan chetwynd

http://www.peepo.com "have fun surfing the net"