Re: Updated Bobby

Good question. On checking the W3C's HTML page, I see that the newest
version does not mention which type of HTML is recommended. So I went
back into the archives because I do remember XHTML 1.0 being
recommended. I found such a page here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20001215162200/http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/

Evidently the page changed sometime around the time that XHTML 1.1 was
released. It is not clear now (on a brief reading of their page) exactly
what they are recommending. Still, I think it is a safe assumption that
they do not intend XHTML 1.1 and 2.0 to be used solely on intranets. And
I doubt that they've released them now assuming that the recommendations
would just sit around for a few years until browsers caught up. In fact,
there don't seem to be any clear and obvious warnings against using
XHTML 1.1 (or 1.0 Strict).

But this is really beside the point. You still haven't explained what
specific accessibility problems result from using XHTML 1.1. Since I'm
using 1.1 on my current sites, I really need to know this information.
Can you provide it?

Thanks again.
Chas.