Re: Disability statistics

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 07:04:37 -0500 (EST)
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
This is true. Harry's real point, I think, was that the cost of this
under-exploited 10% is often extremely small, making the cost/benefit
analysis that is so important to the financial commitment to decision making
a lot clearer. More particularly, it is that the benefit of accessibility to
the bottom line is often simple to get and very good return on investment -
accountants might not know that, but will be interested in it if it can be
backed up.

cheers

Charles

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, David Woolley wrote:

  > get from the disabled population increase their profit,  can many afford to
  > throw away 10 or more percent of customers?

  The normal rule for a business that is not locked into a saturated market
  is that they can afford to throw away 20%!