Re: media: Opera 6.0 for Windows Launched After Record-Breaking Beta

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:01:09 -0800
To: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>, "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>, "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 3:39 PM +0000 12/10/01, Vadim Plessky wrote:
>I am subscribed to this list not for a very long time, but really start to
>wonder about this mailing list's "posting policy"
>Shouldn't mail like this (from David Poehlman) be considered Off-Topic, as
>1) it has nothing to do with WAI-IG
>2) it promotes commercial product (which Opera 6.0 is)
>
>If such mails are OK for *this list*, than I will post info about Konqueror
>2.2.2 which was released recently.

I think you should.  I'd love to hear more about Konqueror, specifically
whether or not it has any usable support for people with disabilities.

Note that the "promoting a commerical product" thing isn't really a
concern since the poster (David Poehlman) doesn't, to the best of my
knowledge, work for Opera, so he's just passing along information.  You
would have a better argument for "advertising" if you were to point at
my web accessibility class announcement. ;)

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/