Re: svg onmousewheel?

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:48:58 -0000
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
chaals
onmousewheel is currently only supported by ie6, and the example site given
by ms:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/samples/author/dhtml/refs/onmousewheelEX.
htm
would not work too well if it were say a map, the implementation seems
askew, ie return false appears not to disable the standard process, as
pointed out by Jon Hanna.

zoom and mousewheel have a natural feel, dragging a slider can be very
inconvenient for some users, and repeat clicking can be tiresome.
did you visit our beta? http://www.peepo.com/2k1/mousewheel/
I hope to have it with a drop-down list, as well as the 'spreadsheet'.
I'd like to be able to tab to the button and then wheel, however this seems
to be a problem see: srcelement/target onfocus on gl

Do we mean by device independence that any device can navigate anyhow, or
more realistically that we provide a navigable site for any device.
wheels have a certain provenance, somewhat different to walking....
Please try to think how this is going to work, the theory sounds fine
setting a practical example requires plenty of determination.

Any errors are mine, and apologies as I am new to most of this.....

thanks

jonathan chetwynd

http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory
on the web"
http://www.learningdifficulty.org.uk "Our guide to helping people with a
learning difficulty get the most from the web"