Re: lights are on, no one's in. beta now up, does it need a drop-down list as well?

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:47:29 -0000
To: "Jon Hanna" <jon@spinsol.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Thanks Jon

1. I don't know if it is possible to block the action, I wouldn't want to in
case the window was small, say.
Do you think it should be blocked?

2. my interest in the wheel was a reflection on the thoughts of Edward murch
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2001JulSep/0221.html
scrolling is not the only use for a wheel.

I take your other comments about "doing it" are basically agreeing that you
believe the offering of alternative paradigms for navigation is a UA issue?

Thank you very much for this immediate response.

jonathan chetwynd

http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory
on the web"
http://www.learningdifficulty.org.uk "Our guide to helping people with a
learning difficulty get the most from the web"