Re: Headers for tables used for layout

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:37:04 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
The summary attribute is not a "headers for tables".  Although I do
recommend the summary attribute for layout tables, I never require it
because very few browser or ATs take advantage of it.  Home Page Reader for
example will read the summary of the table when you ask it where am I.

I would never recommend T H's or headers attribute or any other markup that
would confuse a layout table with a data table.

If InFocus 4.1 is flagging a violation for a table used only for layout as
missing the headers attribute - then the tool is wrong.  Unless you used
some other markup that is confusing the tool.

Regards,
Phill