Re: Disability statistics

In a message dated 11/4/01 11:34:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com writes:

> Frankly, I think the argument, "we may end up disabled ourselves and
> be unable to use the Internet we're building" has proven more
> compelling than any sort numbers we can report.

       Undoubtedly; But at the same time, most people still have the sense of
immortality (when it comes to being or becoming disabled) that society
traditionally associates with people my age. "No, it won't happen to me." or
"Well, I'm not disabled now; Why should I care?"

       Any ideas on how to beat that one, Kynn?

       John