From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:charles@w3.org]
Sent: 21 September 2001 13:25
To: Jonathan Chetwynd
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: browsers and xhtml

Broadly I think that's correct.

I believe IE 6 has a strict mode and a loose mode - one is forgiving and the
other works for standards-conformant content, but I ahven't played around
with it much.

(and there are a number of other XML browsers which are strict)

By the way, general questions on HTML, XHTML and the like are probably
better
handled on a mailing list directed more closely to those topics.

cheers

Charles