Section 508

From: Asif <asif@studynook.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:07:48 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I work at a State University. We had a discussion today whereby our IT dept.
said that Sec. 508 does not apply to faculty creating web based class notes.
They felt it only applied to a researcher that received a federal grant. I
have always thought that all State Institutions were obligated by now to
comply (since they are inevitably tied to federal resources), "unless they
could prove undue burden"

Would appreciate any info and references.
Thank you.

Asif Daya
Assistant Professor
College of Health Professions