Re: Inclusion or accessibility

From: Simon Evans <simon@senteacher.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:03:45 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I teach IT to teens with SLD/PMLD and SLD Autism...also work as an IT
teacher trainer within special needs and IT. Recently I've been
working on a couple of inclusive sites for kids with the above
(profound) cognitive disabilities and this is my particular area of
interest within accessibility issues.

I've found most of the posts here seem quite wide of the mark for my
clients....whilst the fundamentals of guidelines would appear to
acknowledge their difficulties, there are almost no relevant specifics
at W3. Given the time I've spent looking for inclusive sites without
finding more than a couple, I'm wondering what posters have in mind as
exemplars for 'universal accessibility'.

Simon